Asbestos was used as lagging on boilers and pipework, as insulation in cavity walls and lofts, and also made up many roofs, guttering, and downpipes. When the buildings were demolished, this asbestos would break up and release clouds of asbestos dust and fibres into the air.
There were no washing facilities at work so I would return home in my dirty clothes and my wife would shake the dust from them before washing them. I only wish I had known back then how hazardous asbestos could be. The dust that my wife breathed in led to tragedy decades later, when she began to develop chest pains. She was eventually diagnosed with mesothelioma, a terminal lung disease caused by breathing in asbestos dust. Sadly, she passed away following a period of illness.
My family and I decided to bring a claim on my late wife’s behalf. After getting in touch with several solicitors, we chose Dedicated Accident Solicitors to handle our case. I am extremely pleased with our choice, and I highly recommend them to anyone else in a similar situation. Our legal team was highly professional and overcame all obstacles to win the claim for us. We were awarded £100,000 and I am very grateful to Dedicated Accident Solicitors for their thorough approach and expertise.