Medical Negligence Claims

Healthcare professionals have a duty of care to us and we place a lot of trust in them and their abilities. Doctors, dentists, nurses and surgeons all bear the responsibility to look after us when we require their help.

If you have suffered as a result of poor medical treatment, you may be entitled to compensation. We will provide you with free initial advice and we offer no win no fee agreements where appropriate.

Call our expert solicitors now on 01332 897 222 or contact us online and we will call you.

Types of Claim

We handle all types of medical negligence claims, including delays in diagnosis or treatment, incorrect diagnosis or treatment, errors made in surgery, wrongly prescribed medicine, use of faulty medical equipment and errors made during pregnancy or childbirth resulting in injury to the mother or baby.

Medical negligence claims are sometimes called clinical negligence claims and we will need to prove that your care fell below the standard of a reasonably competent specialist and that this caused you to suffer further injuries or illness. Your claim will be for compensation for the additional injuries or illness that you would not have suffered had your treatment been appropriate.

We have brought claims against a wide range of medical professionals and organisations including General Practitioners, NHS hospital trusts, dentists, doctors, nurses, nursing homes and pharmacists.

What Can I Claim?

We will claim compensation for your further injuries or illness and for the other losses and expenses that you have suffered as a result of your negligent medical treatment:

Your Injuries or Illness

Compensation paid for your pain and suffering and the effect of your additional injuries or illness on your life is sometimes called general damages.

We will ask a medical expert to examine you and prepare a report on the further injuries or illness that you have suffered as a result of your negligent medical treatment. Your claim will be valued on the basis of the medical expert’s opinion about those additional injuries or illness and your likely recovery.

The impact of your injury or illness on your work, home life, sports and hobbies will be considered and special factors, such as if the treatment is lengthy or if the injuries or illness have spoilt a holiday, will also be taken into account.

Losses and Expenses

Compensation paid for your other losses and expenses that are incurred as a result of your negligent medical treatment is sometimes called special damages.

These may include loss of earnings, travel costs, the cost of medical equipment, care costs, prescription charges and so on.

We may also be able to claim an interim payment, which is where part of your compensation is paid early. This may be available if you need medical equipment at home or if you need special care or treatment to help with your recovery, such as physiotherapy, or to replace an ongoing loss of earnings and so on.

Our Approach

Whatever the circumstances of your treatment and whatever your injuries, we are here to help and advise.

Unlike many firms who use unqualified paralegals, you will be represented by a qualified solicitor with years of experience in medical negligence claims. In addition to being regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, this firm is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) as experts in our field of law.

We pride ourselves on our professional yet friendly approach and we care about giving you quality advice and excellent customer service. We are known for our attention to detail and determination to succeed and our clients are often impressed by the way in which we overcome difficult obstacles to win their cases. Indeed, we have taken on and won many cases that other firms of solicitors have turned away.

We believe that the fact that our clients return to us and recommend us to others is proof of our hard work and dedication.

Dedicated Accident Solicitors and Dedicated Asbestos Solicitors are trading names of John Das Limited, a company registered in England. John Das Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA number 573295). We do not accept service by email or fax.